Our Terms & Conditions
1. The TV Training Academy Pty Ltd trading as the “TV Training Academy” reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online, an announcement of changes will be posted on our main page.
2. Deposits are non-refundable unless the TV Training Academy cancels your course and does not offer an alternative date.
- 2.a Cancellation of a booking within 60 days of course start date will result your deposit being retained.
- 2.b Cancellation of a course, within 21 days of the course start date will result in the course fee being charged at 100%
- 2.c Course dates may be changed under extreme circumstances only and a transfer fee of $95 (inc GST) will apply. Situations that are deemed ‘extreme circumstances’ are; Death of a family member or close relative, hospitalization, incarceration and natural or man-made disasters only.
- 2.d The TV Training Academy Ltd does not give any compensation or are responsible for situations outside their control e.g. Illness, (be that of the performer or family member), adverse weather conditions, travel, rail / flight cancelations or disruptions, closures, delays or strikes.
- 2.e Please arrive on time for workshops as latecomers may not be admitted, and no refund will be given. The trainer is unable to leave the workshop to collect you, entry to the workshop once it’s started is disruptive once filming has started. It is your responsibility to check travel arrangements prior to the day. Non-attendance or persistent lateness is viewed as demonstrating a lack of professionalism.
- 2.f An administration charge of $65 (inc GST) will be levied against the account where an installment plan is requested for. It is important you keep note of when your installments are due. If you have requested a payment plan, your debit / credit card you used on booking will automatically be debited on dates advised on your booking confirmation.
3. It is your responsibility to ensure that we have your correct address, phone number and email address at all times. Please make sure we have your full name (same as your identity) on enrolling on one of our courses if you are enrolling a workshop on behalf of someone else make sure we have their full name. If you have a stage name and wish this to be added into your show reel you must inform us in writing.
4. If enrolled on a course that includes an edited sizzle reel or show reel this will be dispatched to students requested email address no later than 28 days of course completing, the standard of the reel will be determined by editing staff using their professional judgment to the highest possible standards. If further editing is required by student thereafter, then an additional editing fee of $90 (inc GST) per hour will be added. Please download and save show reel / photos to your own computer as we delete footage after 6 months. A charge of $30 (inc GST) is applied to re-send links. Raw footage is available for £15 per clip.
- 4.a A ‘show reel production day’ consists of up to four hours filming and up to four hours of editing. The standard of the show reel will be determined by editing staff using their professional judgment to the highest possible standards. If further editing is required by student thereafter, then an additional editing fee of $95 per hour (inc GST) will be added.
5. The TV Training Academy Ltd reserves the right to use photos and footage taken of all students for our social media, website and marketing material unless you give us written instruction not to do so. By participating in another student’s show reel you are giving them permission to upload their footage to public websites.
6. Screen tests or auditions/interviews will be allocated to students solely at the discretion of the TV Training Academy. If employment or professional engagements arise from any TV Training Academy introductions, then a set finder’s fee of 10% will be applied. We pride ourselves on high-quality training and mentoring and a high percentage of our students go on to have a successful TV presenting careers and many become household names however course attendance does not guarantee students with any offer of employment, screen test or interview.
7. The TV Training Academy Ltd reserves the right to change course dates, times, venue, guests, trainers and content at any time. The TV Training Academy will endeavor to give as much notice as possible should any of these conditions arise.
8. Our Celebrity guests will include people who have at some point been / are in the public eye or house hold names but will not be A list celebrities.
9. All under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
10. The TV Training Academy Ltd accepts no responsibility for any accidental injury to students or loss or damage to personal property whilst training or filming during the course.
11. You agree to fully indemnify TV Training Academy and its affiliates, officers, and employees against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damage, and expense (including reasonable legal fees) arising from or in connection with any training courses, location filming or show reel production days.
12. If any of these terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or enforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the clause concerned and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
13. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Australian State Law and the Australian courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction for hearing any dispute arising under this agreement.
TV Training Pty Limited, Identuate Studio 12, 76 Doggett Street, Newstead, QLD 4006, Australia